Friday, April 30, 2010

Day late, dollar short

Nothing like making a promise and forgetting on the opening day. Oh well. As Memaush would say- ces la vie! I'm embarking on my promise to make a blog entry every day- starting- I guess today, the day after Memaush's birthday.

This week has been crazy and the next and the next, and maybe the next will also be crazy. Crazy is a relative term- but I will say it's a lot of good crazy, so I don't have too much space to whine. I'm hosting a baby shower tomorrow. I'm hoping to God it will be fun or at least not torture. Baby showers lend themselves to being overly cheesy or too.... I don't know- baby-ish. I'm not the ideal "Mom" type- I don't like to say "aw how cute" 632 times. It's a baby- of course they are cute- just like puppies and bunnies... do we have to examine every item of clothing and every sentimental saying engraved on some random silver thing?

Ok- let me back up- this is fun for the woman who is having the baby (unless the silver thing is hideous)-and ultimately- it's all about them so the rest of us should suck it up. But regardless- wouldn't it be nice to have a baby shower that even a single woman with no desire to have children can enjoy? I like to fight for the underdog. The rest of us baby lovers have plenty to be entertained by.

I would love to go deeper tonight, but for now I need to keep cleaning... or sorting.... or writing and let my husband clean. I wonder some days if he'll wake up and realize he is way too good for me. Until then- I'll enjoy my catch!

talk to you tomorrow. whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment