Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mellowcreme Pumpkins

That is what I'm pigging out on right now. Candy-corn like mellowcreme pumpkin candy. So today my husband asked me why I was stressed out. I hate the phrase "stressed-out"- because it is used by people in school who have term papers due- it just doesn't work for me. So I said I was a little frustrated and overwhelmed. "Why?" he asked- I said...

because the house is *disgusting*, i feel fat, i have a ticket from June that i don't know how to pay, my car smells gross, we need a new car seat, my grandmother has an ear infection, the grass needs to be mowed, i am tired of hunter whining for things and me not getting it right, my other grandmother is in the hospital, i have certain organizations that I'm wondering if i should step down from, we have a garden that needs to be razed, the whole yard needs to be redone but it isn't ours so i just get to fantasize that i have enough money to spend it on something that isn't mine, there are most likely cheerios in my bra which no longer is hugely full of boobs because i finished nursing, the house is full of random crap we don't need, all the clean laundry is sitting squished in one basket which means it is no longer folded because we keep sliding things out, it's cold and i don't have my cold clothes out, we keep going out of town, Bruno sheds, the door downstairs has a gap between it and the floor, i need to roll over my retirement pay from my last job, so do you, we need to pay your tuition, for that matter- your student loans from grad school which hang over me, find the car registration because we didn't have it when i got pulled over, there is mold growing above most our showers, there is a large hole in our guest bedroom ceiling, there are 4 ladders in our back yard from a project by the church 2 years ago, the space between our fence and the fence our neighbor built 2 years ago is being filled with plants and critters, our shed is full of furniture and the remnants from our last garage sale, i need to take care of myself physically but when i think i'm doing well i gain weight, i am trying to get clearer skin, we need to plan for retirement and hunter's college, and i basically think about different ways we should be saving money every 20 minutes but we don't ever sit down and do budget things so it never happens, you have meetings nearly every night of the week, the political parties are calling my house, my grandmother gets 30 mailings a day and probably 5 phone calls a day for money, my car is about to hit 100K miles which makes me think we might need a new care in a few years which is sad because i like my car, i'm wondering when we should start trying for another baby which freaks me out because sometimes i wonder if one is enough, you need allergy shots....

it's ok if you skimmed that. all that to say- all these things (plus some) are in my head on a regular basis, and all i have the energy to do is sit, eat pumpkin candy and blog about it.

it's no wonder I'm not getting anything done and feel fat.

by the way- for all you sunshine and daisies folks: i know i have it good- but i'm still a little crazy.

3 comments:

  1. When I couldn't sleep one night (just pick one of the many nights), John asked me what I was thinking about. I gave him a remarkably similar list. He paused, then said, "I didn't know that it was possible to think at once. If I did that, I think my head would explode."
    It must be nice to be a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And p.s. I love the mellowcreme pumpkins! They are somehow so much better than candy corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through this about every 3-4 months. I absolutely get it.

    ReplyDelete