Monday, October 26, 2009

Tour in motion

Ok- so a little update. I am in Nashville, hanging with my sister and her fabulous family. Hunter is sleeping in his pack n play, I have lunch plans and after lunch plans.... life is good.

This trip has been really good- like- how could I have been nervous about this good. Hunter is an angel. Plain and simple- he rocks. He's been sleeping in a different house almost every day with the exception of maybe a two or three night stint somewhere. He has spent most of his naps in a car seat, and has eaten on the floor, in a highchair, in a restaurant, in his car seat. He allowed me to have a 2 hour breakfast with my old mentor while he entertained himself with food, waitresses and methods of moving his body. He has become good friends almost instantly with all of my friends, their friends, their parents, their parent's puppies, and of course our family that he hasn't seen in a while. When we were visiting Memaush- he smiled, laughed, and walked for her. When we had dinner with my aunt, uncle and cousins- he became so enamored with my cousin Heather that when I was holding him- he went to her! That's kind of a big deal. He is a ray of sunshine and I am SO glad we took this trip- and SO glad he's my baby (little boy!).

I have had such joy seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. It is scary how easy it was to travel from Virginia to the middle of Florida (with a few stops!). It reminds me that with a good plan- you can make almost anything work well. I am above all so glad that I made this effort to see Memaush. She is not doing well, her body is slowly dying and she is tired. I got to visit with her- talk to her, listen to her. I put lotion on her arms, shoulders, legs, feet. I brushed her hair. It was a sacred time. I said I love you and said goodbye. There is no greater gift to a relationship this meaningful than the ability to say those two things and know that it may be the last conversation you had. I am either at peace or oblivious to what will happen when Memaush does die. I really think it's peace.

ooh- Hunter's up. Don't want to wake Lucy!

more later

No comments:

Post a Comment