Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On the Road Again

I am about to embark on my little Tour de South. Jason and I will be in Auburn this weekend to watch a game (yea!!) and see my sister, Jessa dance (double yea!!). After that Jason will fly back home with good friends while I travel to Florida via Valdosta (yea for Cliff) to see my Memaush. Memaush (my g-mother on my Mom's side) is just not doing great. It's been a roller coaster ride for the family, especially Mom, who gives us updates on her health as she goes up and down emotionally and physically. It sounds like Memaush is tired, and maybe I'll do another post on that later. I feel like she is ready to go, and I want to see her and hug her and love her before she does. whew. SO then I am heading up to Nashville via Valdosta and Atlanta (yea Cliff and Katy!). There I am going to hang out with my sister Kelly, Jeff and little Lucy and have so so much fun. I will also get to see my dear friend Nancy and itty bitty Becca. Also super exciting.

This little tour is kind of my coming out as a stay at home mom- it says- I can leave and drive around for two weeks- woohoo! Jason will check on Grandmother and all should be well. I have good friends along the way that I'll get to see and who will break up the trip with their fabulous hospitality. I'm really really excited. IF I am good- I will take lots of pics and finally update this blog with pictures. Hunter looks so different now! Speaking of Hunter- he is up from his nap and playing independantly in the next room- hooray! We also discovered that he will tolerate playing in the pack n' play for a little while- which was very nice yesterday. Jason and I cleaned out our closets! Is anyone a size 6-8 with shorter arms and torso than I? I have some seriously beautiful clothes that do not fit at all. (and I was in a "get rid of stuff" mood- so even the maybes got tossed)

OK- just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the road trip with Hunter. Be in prayer for me as I will be doing this by myself- traveling with no pinch hitter will be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! And yay for your coming to Nashville. You have inspired me. Perhaps Becca and I should take a trip, too...only without any public places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you're in Nashville, I want to see you!!! And yes, I'm a 6-8 who is shorter than you. :) Bring me your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete