Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankfulness

I have been blessed to read the short and long lists and descriptions of things that many of my friends are thankful for. People have been updating their blogs, Facebook, and twitter with these nuggets of gratitude. I'm digging it. It's a good trend and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. Because if anyone needs to practice thankfulness, it's me.

So I'm going to start small and inanimate for the first 6 days of November.

I am grateful for:
1) The laundry chute. Oh how I love thee.
2) My iphone. It keeps me connected and efficient.
3) My video baby monitor. As a hearing impaired person, this saves me a lot of attempts to walk quietly and check on a baby.
4) The train table in my room. Hunter has been entertained during countless showers, blogging, or bill-paying on the computer.
5) The baby activity center. Graham has been entertained and safe during those same showers and computer ventures.
6) Automatic bill-payments. Without it, we would have bad credit, guilt and late fees.

I'll try to keep this up. I imagine it'll be in spurts like this one. I'm reading a book (realllllllly slowwwwwly) that has in it a challenge to the readers to keep a short but regular journal of gratitude (5 things a day- just write them down). I haven't started this practice- but like many things I don't do- I think it's a pretty good idea. I'm almost worried at how cheerful and positive I'll get once I start counting my blessings. (I recognize that's ridiculous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment