Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sick Day Help!

I just had a little brainstorm. This will be short- but imagine this: people get sick every day, from your every day cold and viral yuck to the more serious cancer treatment lows and surgery recoveries. The surprise of some sick days are enough to throw off even the most planned and prepared folks. I am lucky that my husband has a fairly flexible job, so that when I get sick- usually he can move things around and stay home with the kids. Not very many people have this sort of flexibility.

Enter idea: Sick Day Helpers! Imagine that as a gift when you can't step in to help- you can send a sick day crew to your friend or relative. Included would be someone to watch the kids in your home (or a bus ride to the play/day care center the business has), someone to make all the meals, someone to do the daily chores plus a little extra to get you back on your feet. So- the dishes are done, the bathrooms are cleaned, the laundry is run and folded...stuff is picked up and meals are made... maybe even a soup or two in the freezer. You come out of sick day ahead- not behind, and you actually heal.

This could be a non-profit, a for-profit, a church group (limited of course)- I don't know. Just sounds like something that would be nice to have around. I mean- flowers are nice when you're sick- but really- it's just one more thing to water. Give me a sick day crew!

*OK- some adventurous person out there- you have my permission to get this up and going in my neighborhood- I only expect a discount/free service for using my idea. Go!*

No comments:

Post a Comment