Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When Mamas don't feel well...

I won't say that the whole house falls apart... but it's a lot easier to stand on two legs than just one.

I have so many things to write about and so little energy to do it. So I'll save the big posts for later when I have more energy.

Today I am grateful for a husband who stays home in the morning with only my noncommittal "I don't feel great" to go on. I am grateful for Kelly, who comes over after her work and scoops up my kids to take them on a walk on this gorgeous day. I am grateful for my Mom who becomes smarter and wiser with every phone call and every experience and every year I grow older. I am grateful for my older sister who journeys with me on this insane ride we got on called parenting. I am grateful for my little sister who just got a job offer, showing me the worth of determination after months and months of searching. I am grateful for a Dad who trusts me and my husband to manage the details of his mother's funeral from here. I am grateful that despite the fact that my body does not feel awesome, my spirit is still well. Hey, I am even grateful for the stupid dog, who has shown me that with a little love and including... a giant fur-ball is not so bad to have around.

Next time I shall blog about how we are literally insane to have children. HA! Stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jessa got a job?!? And I'm glad you're starting to see the good in everything :)

    ReplyDelete