Wednesday, September 16, 2009

O Victory in Jesus

Ok- so random title, but that's the song that has been in my head for the last few days- and appropriately so, because on the afternoon of my losing faith post, I had a breakthrough!

I have found a plan that makes my Grandmother take her medicine every day. For those of you who do not have any experience working with elderly who suffer from dementia- this is a huge excitement in my little world. It's been the puzzle I've been trying to solve, and finally I think I got it! Grandmother had not been taking her aricept (irony there) and so could not obviously benefit, but then I devised a plan with some tips from friends- and she remembered to take her meds every day!! So excited.

O Victory in Jesus...

That leads me to the next victory: Hunter is one year old today! This time last year I was um, well- being stitched- but basically I was holding my newborn child for the first time, listening to his cries as he was being weighed and measured- 9 lbs 6 oz and 21.5 inches. He is now about 25 lbs and over 30 inches (I don't know how tall he is!). Amazing how time goes by so fast.

Another victory along the lines of Hunter's birthday- I have nursed him this whole year! We're down to just nursing at bed time, and really it's more comfort than nutrition at this point, but both of us are a little hesitant to let it go.... or maybe it's just me. Breastfeeding is a strange emotional roller coaster- different for every woman and child (and weaning even more roller-coaster-y). I had the easiest time with it and was so blessed. Even as easy as it was (physically I didn't have any problems)- it was a definite gift from me to Hunter. I like to think of it that way now. A gift. I'm proud of myself and glad I did it. There are some people who think I'm odd for nursing this long and I guess some people who wonder why I've weaned him so soon. I think I'm finally in the place where I can say- I don't care about that. I did a good job. I am awesome. Yea me. And look at Hunter- he certainly did well. My gift is complete- soon I will nurse the last time at night, and it will be my timing and my joy.

O Victory in Jesus....

No comments:

Post a Comment