Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dirty Dog

I brought the dirty dog in after toying with the idea of leaving him outside until his grooming appointment next Tuesday. You read right- I am splurging (literally from savings) to have my big dog groomed. 2 reasons: he really needs it, we're taking him to my in-laws over Thanksgiving. And yea- it's not good manners to bring a disgustingly dirty dog to a party. Bringing a 120 lb tub of hair and slight drool is pushing it enough as it is.

So I am waiting for the clumps of dirt to fall off onto my freshly (as of last week) cleaned basement floors. Awesome. I get why people buy those funky shed-free hypoallergenic dogs... except most of them are a little crazy in the head after all the weird breeding (the dogs, not the owners).

Hunter is napping and I'm too tired/lazy to do any real housework today. Call it what you will- I blame pregnancy and 2 yr olds and this weird back/sciatic nerve thing I've got going on. Wish I had a chiropractic friend. Oh well.

I'm hoping to get something done later today- Hunter and I are basically on our own for the day- Jason is working literally all day long- like won't come home til 930-10pm. We did grab a 30 minute lunch. I keep being tempted to track his hours, because I doubt even he realizes how much he works. But, alas, I feel like it isn't supportive to beat a dead horse like that.

I know I have it much easier than many- I am not claiming the prize of the wife of the most workaholic husband. Far from it. But I am airing my feelings about the amorphous time that gets spent unseen while doing ministry. Every long day or long week or long month or long season is always dubbed "special circumstances." But when you get out from under the cloak of ministry- you see clearly that it should just be dubbed "regular ministry stuff." Same stuff- every year. Sure, there are rises and falls, ebbs and flows... definite perks to combat the crap. However- there doesn't go by a week when I don't long for the well-paid 9-5 that has the occassional business trip and no baggage at home. Maybe this doesn't exist- at least I know it is a rare species- but I don't stop wondering about what it might be like to have a schedule and a weekend.

Updates on my life: none. No substituting calls, no chaplain steps forward. My church is wonderfully supplying me with opportunities to work childcare so that I can feel a little like I'm pulling some weight here. My house looks less like a hurricane zone- but it's tough to keep it that way (especially with Dirty Dog). My attitude is improving (really, it is)... and I do get to see Harry Potter Friday night at the IMAX theatre. Always a good time! : )

My sister (older) is due November 29th- so in my mind I don't worry until then and if it's early- fun surprise! I kind of can't wrap my head around the fact that she is having another child. I feel like we just started this baby #2 round and didn't realize she was that far ahead of me. I find out what our baby #2 will be November 30th- and am super excited about that! My hope for my sister is that this birthing experience will be a positive one, and her baby healthy and happy. I can't wait to meet Ella Marie in December when my family convenes in Tennessee for our Christmas vacation! It'll be really sweet to pass around this little one for a whole week.

What else? I think that's it... I'm tired of writing even!

No comments:

Post a Comment