Monday, November 1, 2010

It's November, People

I'm pretty sure yesterday was July. I'm sort of in disbelief we've already done the Halloween thing and that Thanksgiving is coming. That's when my older sister, Kelly is supposed to have her baby- then it's Christmas, then I'm fat, then I have a baby in April with Easter. It's going to be that quick.

Is it bad that with my pregnancies (this one and Hunters)- I have never had the urge for the baby to "get here already." Many of my friends, family members, and others have expressed this sentiment. I was thrilled to go 6 days late with Hunter. I just needed more time. The blessing inside this is that I haven't had some physical reason why I would need or want such baby to evacuate. So that's nice. I'm speaking more of the emotional readiness. Many people who plan and get pregnant are ready ready ready. Jason and I both need every minute of the 9 months we are allotted. I should say want. Like. Desire. Appreciate. We are realists I guess. I want this baby- but I know that Hunter probably won't. So on top of the nice sleepless nights when we've gotten used to Hunter's 11-12 hour nights- we'll have a 2.5 yr old with a fist some days. Those kind of things. I think I dread all transitions- no matter how joyful. Once it's here- it's here and you deal and you joy and you sorrow. The preparation... a beast emotionally.

Ooh- speaking of preparations. I need to make my appointment for my 20 week ultrasound. Hold please.

Ok, left a message. Kind of anti-climactic.

So. It's November, people. I am still on hold for subbing, on nearly a year's hold for CPE, and even semi-on hold for a doctor's appointment. I'm teaching a class on the beatitudes at our church for the next 3 weeks, which I'm nervous/excited about. It's good stuff- Jesus has some seriously kickin ideas. Question is- I can't compete with the sermon on the mount- so God's going to need to give me some wisdom on how to "re-present" this info here. I get to go back to yoga Thursday nights for the next few weeks- also exciting. I am working lots of childcare hours at the church- so trying to bring home some bacon (or veggie-sausages). I keep feeling the itch to preach- so maybe I'll get the chance. I keep dropping hints that it's been a dream of mine to preach in advent pregnant. We'll see. I have Lily today and tomorrow and then she's off to a real day care.

There is a very high chance thatt I am going to dip into savings and treat myself to some fall cleaning. The following things need to be scrubbed: my house, my dog, my son's carpet, my car, my hubby's truck. I just really feel like if all those were professionally scrubbed, I'll feel a little better about the Christmas clutter.

OK- I'm going to go think about the beatitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment