Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mudslide

I wish I were talking about the kahlua and chocolate and ice cream concoction...man I really do wish I was talking about that. Instead I'm talking about the feeling when you're in a mud pit and you try to climb up and out and it is so hard because mud- well- it slides. I feel like I am in a 5 foot deep hole. I can see out over the top. I've got enough perspective not to be face down in it. I can function pretty well, but I feel about ankle level with the world. Like I just can't quite get up and out and thriving. Each time I rally to get up and out, something seems to slide. None of it is earth-shattering or devastating or even that upsetting to the normal person walking at sea level. But for me, it's just slippery enough to send me back to ankle-line-sight.

I'm working hard. Ankles aren't that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment