Thursday, October 28, 2010

Application Land

So I haven't blogged in a few days, 1) because I'm trying to get my shit together, 2) because I'm working on my CPE application. CPE is a program that acts like a chaplain internship for people who are interested in chaplaincy (like I am) or hoping to go into ministry in other fields and need this program to fulfill some ordination requirements. I'm kinda going with both- I need to be ordained to be a chaplain, and need this program to become a chaplain. (actually, I need to take 4 units- this is my first).

Here is the deal. I am applying for this internship knowing that there is only 1 spot left to be filled and I am due to have a baby on the last day of this internship. So. I'm pushing it a little, but I'd really like to get one unit under my belt before the world of new baby comes and steals me for a year. However, this pushing the deadline (in more ways than one) and limited opening is making me nervous (my reaction rather than the "go get 'im tiger"), and my focus on this application has waivered.

Let me give you an example of what I'm dealing with: Question #1- Give a reasonably full account of your life. Thank God I'm only 29! Question #2- Give a description of your spiritual growth and development.

And there's no page limit or even ballpark figure to give me an idea of what "reasonably full" means to them. I am trying to write well, write comprehensively and yet stay concise and to the point. So a full, concise answer. This is hard. About me, nonetheless. It's easy to wax eloquent about the daily stuff on a blog- but writing fully in a concise, yet "pick me" way about my deepest life stories and struggles.... challenging. Tiring. Easily avoided by snack breaks and toddler needs.

Hunter is napping now- so I must go and write some more about me. And about me. And more me. I'm a bit tired of me- but I have to remember these people have never met me.

Go get 'im tiger! Right?

PS- still haven't heard from the schools, but giving 2-3 weeks as instructed. (Internal voice asks if that's in business days or normal weeks)

1 comment:

  1. I think my answers to those questions were each around 3-5 pages (double-spaced). Let's talk some time about the logistics of doing CPE while pregnant. Not impossible...but let's talk.

    ReplyDelete