Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On hold

Yes, with the DMV. Isn't that classic? Thank goodness for speaker phone. My approximate wait time was 10 mins. We'll see how this goes. Bruno is barking outside, but I don't want to miss anything- so I'm letting him terrorize the neighborhood.

I put in my application to become a substitute for the local school district. I had to complete an online interview that took about 30 minutes (maybe less) and had some good questions, but some that were very difficult to choose from the various answers. It was also kind of weird because it seemed geared toward people who have long-time teaching experience. So when the question said: I am really good at encouraging difficult students to learn... I thought - well- I could see that happening- sure. I like the oddball kids, so that should help. No experience. None in a structured classroom. Sunday School is a little different. Although I love my 5th graders that I'm teaching at church. They are super cute. Things are still cool and fun when you're in 5th grade, and I don't need to hold your hand. It's a fun age.

Still on hold. I'm trying to get my registration renewed. Apparently I got the inspection but didn't bother to finish the job.

And back from my DMV call. I got an inspection, but not emissions. I think that all of these things are a good idea. It just gets a little annoying. We should just do everything at once. How hard is that? Ok. Going to get my emissions done today. Should be fun. Something else to put on the tab.

Back to teaching. So I need to wait around for them to call me to come in for training, fingerprinting, and such. I have to bring all sorts of identification and also a clear TB test. Which means I have to set up an appointment to get one. I wonder if my GYN can do that? Putting it ALL on the tab.

Last night Jason and I watched a movie on netflix instant (fabulous invention btw)... and it was kinda cute. "Carolina" was the movie- with Julia Stiles and Shirley MacLaine (hilarious lady). Anyhow... in the movie- the "best friend" (boy) gave a gift to the girl that just hosted a dinner party- it was the "Cleaning Queens" a pair of gay men dressed in tights with red plastic gloves- singing and dancing and ready to clean her house.

I want me some cleaning queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment