Saturday, September 25, 2010

breaking down

So no one broke down- but my resolve is breaking a little bit. I am so overwhelmed by the house at this point that I don't know where to start. I'm nearing the point that drives Jason crazy, when I start talking in ultimatum terms of extreme conditions. I say things like: "we have too much shit." "You need to get rid of half your stuff." "We need to donate half of everything we own." "The house is disgusting." "Why do you have so much of your work shit lying around?"

These are apparently not helpful comments. I tend to get a little crazy and military brat on him. I call this the military brat syndrome, where if you haven't moved in the last 3.5 years- you suddenly feel the urge to purge your stuff- and if you let it go too far- you can start purging friends too. Luckily for Jason, the military brat syndrom includes a fierce loyalty to family- so he and Hunter are safe from the purge.

Hunter took a short nap today because he's got a cold- poor thing. I got a nap too- thankfully. Jason has a wedding tonight, so I'm writing this blog as Hunter dreams up ways to be crazy. Fun times. On that note- and with Hunter crawling on me. I'm going to sign off for today.

1 comment:

  1. I say that to Kevin ALL the time!

    I told Kevin one day when we all went out that I hoped the house burned down while we were gone so that all our SHIT would be gone and we could just start over.

    Isn't that a horrible thing to say!?

    ReplyDelete