Friday, September 24, 2010

done and done

There's nothing like getting those pesky items at the bottom of your to do list done. I saved myself $16.90 today and cancelled any chances of being overcharged in the future by two companies. Nice. I paid a speeding ticket online (bastard speed trap), I deposited a check (thank you church for paying me to do childcare), and I recently viewed the latest Harry Potter trailer (near tears of happiness over that one).

Today Hunter took a 1.5 hr nap, yesterday he took a nearly 3 hr nap. And I got way more done today- go figure.

I'm wiped now and Jason is off to do a wedding rehearsal in DC. This week has been insane for him (and likewise for me) and I'm really looking forward to a poptentially calmer week next week. At this point all I want to do is sleep in one day- and nothing- nada. He's getting up to do mulch delivery with the United Methodist men tomorrow, Sunday is church and then we're back to the grind again. The good news is that I might get to sleep in on Wednesday.

I sent off for my transcript from Auburn yesterday (all part of the substitute teaching process)- hopefully they will do a quick turn around. They are ancient in their dealings with this stuff- I had to print out and mail the form- and they will mail me the transcript. Seriously- what happened to electronic processing? The good news is that it's free- which was nice of them to do. I guess they want all Auburn grads to get jobs if they can!

Jason and I are doing well and horribly on our new budget. We've probably spent about 3/4 of our budget already, but we're also getting in more money. We're sticking to our guns about eating out- both of us have only eaten out once in the last two weeks- and both for "business" reasons. Jason has his wedding this weekend- so that should bring in about $200 hopefully. We've been good about eating leftovers, etc- and I think (hope) our food will last longer. So we may have spent a fortune at the grocery store, but it might last us a while and my hope is that some of the "base ingredients" will last for a long while and our first grocery trip can be seen as an investment... a large one. : )

Ok- so this was a first: Hunter came up to me and said "poopy," then started walking towards his room and saying "change a diaper!" Wow. So I hopped to it! Maybe potty training isn't that far away! : )

One last thing, then I'm signing off... My house is disgusting. Dirty. Messy. Gross. This is the shittiest thing about our new budget: no cleaning folks. Unfortunately we really are bare bones, or I'd skip a meal or something to get them back. I told my older sister Kelly that I envied her cleaning gene. I didn't get it. Jason didn't get it- so here we are living in our mess with little skill and motivation to deal with it. We will- but in the meantime I'm going to whine about it and fantasize about winning just enough money to justify getting that crew back in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment