Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sleeping babies

Hunter is sleeping, and now that I'm back on Lily duty- I've got her snoozing away in the swing too. She was a little nutso today- not wanting her bottle and expressing that to the best of her tiny giganitic lungs' ability.

Hoping for a calmer afternoon.

Right now I'm resting on the bed with no pants on because I'm hot(weather- pick a season! I pick fall). And I just consumed a bag of buttered popcorn. Because I didn't have the fruit and yogurt smoothie option. Naturally. I have a coupon for a free McDonald's smoothie- might get one of those after Lily gets picked up.

I swear I've only gained 3-4 lbs. Maybe more now that I've eaten that bag of popcorn.

Jason cleaned the kitchen last night. I put new sheets on our bed and made the bed this morning. Baby steps toward a clean, livable house. Today was mother's day out again for Hunter- yea for us. I made the bad Mom mistake and packed him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- for a peanut-free facility. Oops. I will say no one ever gave me the damn welcome packet- so how was I supposed to know? I have it now. The offender.

Tomorrow is a day off and I am looking forward to doing something fun with Jason and Hunter... or just cleaning the house- whatever. I think the weather is supposed to be cooler tomorrow. Looking forward to that!

Something I thought of today while on the pot. (yes) I thought- wasn't it funny the first pregnancy when I was nervous that if I tried to poop too hard, I would poop the baby out? Then I thought, seriously- this came right to my head: You can't poop a baby out when you're pregnant, but when the baby is coming out, you'll probably poop! For 10 seconds I thought it was a worthy catch phrase for my up and coming pregnancy book that I'm not writing. Then I realized it was just really weird.

I feel like I should lie down while the babies are sleeping. I'm not that tired- but I could rest and stop having to stretch my back because I'm propped up by two flimsy pillows.

I'm going to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - that last bit about pooping the baby out and how you thought it would be a great book title totally made me laugh out loud. I have those moments all the time - when I think something funny or profound needs to be published until I sleep on it or say it out loud to someone and realize...yup - just weird. Love it.

    ReplyDelete