Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Success and Rest

Today Hunter has his first day of Mother's Day Out- I'm trying to call it school so he gets used to the idea and connects the positive experiences to the term. Hunter didn't even bother to say goodbye. I dropped him off and the teacher said "Hi Hunter, are you going to play with us today?" He promptly responded "Yesth." and ran right in. Love it. I am also taking this week off of nannying because Lily's grandma is in town and Jason and I are trying to live under his salary alone (at least in budget) to see if it's possible. I believe it is possible- but what we have to discern is if it is worth it. The job search is on and I will take what comes along if it works.

In other news, my first true new vegan recipe last night was a success! I may have overdone the garlic (is that possible?) because I woke up this morning with a garlic taste in my mouth. Vampires, away! Here are the ingredients: brown rice, asparagus, garbanzo beans (or chickpeas is another name for it), onions, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, a homemade tahini sauce with tahini, garlic, lemon zest and juice (I threw the exhausted lemons down the garbage disposal which took care of some weird smell that was lingering), and... olive oil. Super yummy- have enough to feed the whole family two more times. Jason enjoyed it minus the tahini sauce plus soy sauce, I enjoyed it much, Hunter even grabbed a couple finger fulls of rice and even stomached a couple pieces of asparagus by accident! It was a success! And I was full for the entire evening.

It's almost time for me to turn around and head back to get Hunter. I'll close with this thought: IT IS REALLY NICE OUTSIDE! love love love fall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I follow this blog called Peas and Thank You and the writer/mom is a vegan so she often shares recipes. I believe she may also be coming out with a cookbook too. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you are looking for some recipes.

    ReplyDelete