Thursday, September 23, 2010

School

I love school. Not just for myself- but now for my son. No- he's not in kindergarten- he's just wearing their clothes. He's part of a mother's day out program that is freaking fantastic. He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 930-130 and eats lunch there! He loves it. Here's how I know why: this morning I told him he was going to school- and he seemed glad, but the true excitement showed up in his actions. After I got him dressed- I ran and put on some jeans and a tshirt (no shower yet) to be presentable enough to drop him off. I figured he would run and play with his train table- but I didn't hear him, so I went to look for him before I made his lunch. There he was- at the door- one hand on the door and one hand on his backback. It was so so cute. Of course he stood there the whole time I was making his lunch- so we left early and played around at the entrance before we could go in. He strolled right into his classroom- with his rolly-bag backback rolling behind him (he loves pulling his backpack around). No turning back- no goodbye - certainly no tears. Love it.

Ah. Another random note- inspired by a church friend- I am going to plant a winter garden! Kale, collards, lettuce, spinach- exciting! Then maybe we can eat fresh from our garden! How much better does it get? Hopefully I can succeed. I'm going to do it this Saturday- maybe Hunter will enjoy it.

Oh yea- so during Hunter's morning out- I had a mother's morning in. I got absolutely nothing done, but I feel like a human being. Worth every wasted second. I took a bath (I haven't done that in months). I shaved my legs (let's just say I was due). I washed and did my hair (blowdry, straighten- with more than 15 minutes- I made myself look nice!) I even read a chapter and a half of The Wealthy Barber. This is an actually enjoyable financial planning book- on loan from my father. : ) I put on a dress that didn't make me feel fat and put a little make up on and voila- human. Attractive even!

Now I'm going to mail for my college transcript so that I can be a substitute! And I'm going to send my Grandmother a letter- Thursday is my day! : )

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I want to feel like a human and attractive and not fat. I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete