Friday, September 10, 2010

The spell is broken

The nap strike is tentatively over. Hunter went to sleep today with no complaints, no extra work on my part- like the good ol times. I am simply elated- with my fingers crossed that this doesn't go away.

Here is my unfortunate discovery/worry. I believe the no-nap thing is all about the competition. Let me illustrate. The napping strike began when a certain little someone started coming to my house (Lily)...it continued when Jason and Hunter travelled to his parent's house for a week (and slowly worsened) where... Annie (cousin 3 months his elder) was. Then it peaked at home (back to Lily) and still was a struggle in Nashville (Lucy this time, cousin 4 months younger)...then back to home (lily), back to Jason's parents (annie again). The last 2 days when I have had the easiest time getting the boy to nap- guess who was here? That's right- just Mama. I haven't been feeling awesome and Lily's grandma is in town- so these past couple of days have been just the boy and mama. I've uncovered his secret. He won't sleep if there's someone else who could be getting my attention while he's sleeping. Or something like that. Ridiculous boy.

So the weather. Swift change (of subject and weather)- it is freakin gorgeous outside and I am so excited to go outside and enjoy it (once I feel better). Fall is coming. I am reminded that 2 years ago today was my due date for Hunter- he was a full 6 days late- but I think the weather was getting nicer then too- and I was a full grown whale at that point- grateful for a breeze.

My train of thought is really weird today. Did you know that I am still looking for a job? Yes- shameless plug. I'm seriously going to call my Dad today and see if he's got any fancy work from home jobs in his company (he just got promoted- he should be important enough by now, right?). Not that working from home is a requirement- he just happens to live and work in Florida- and I'd kind of like to continue living in the church parsonage for free up here in Virginia. And stay with my husband, but free house first people.

So- I'm trying to get back into blogging- and now I'm realizing how often I blogged during Hunter's nap. Without it- I've been sort of awful at keeping this up.

I just realized I let Bruno out a while ago and haven't heard his barking in a while. That silence usually means about the same thing it does from any grouping of children from 2-22. Hoping he's still out there and just enjoying the weather...

take care- and keep me in mind when you see the words "hiring" or "paid position" or things like that. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment