Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am not missing...

Just not in action... Whew. So to give a few examples of what I've been up to: driving to Nashville and back, driving to the in-laws and back, nannying, nannying, and sleeping. When I can. Hunter took a nap at home today for the first time in 3.5 weeks. He was on a nap strike. He was tricked into napping at my sisters (singing, rocking, total darkness and a bathroom fan were involved) and he was tricked at Grammy's house (Grammy magic). We tried Grammy magic yesterday- no work. Today by miracle of God and to my greatest pleasure- it worked.

Jason is transitioning back into the fall schedule, which means meetings nearly every night. Joy. On the plus side - I think Hunter is starting to like me. This may seem strange to say- but Jason has been the obvious favorite for quite some time- to the extent that I was really starting to worry about (to steal a word of my older sister's) my attachment to Hunter. Well- lately it's all me at night, and I've been trying to be intentional with the other baby around- although there are definite moments that to me feel like I am totally neglecting the boy- but he has surprised me by being more "mama" oriented. He asks both mama and dada to read, climbs up in both of our laps, etc. Seriously- before- he would be blind to me if Dada were in the room. So I'm feeling encouraged by that.

Quick recap on the job search: shitty. I have been so exhausted with everything and not motivated to look back onine at the big black hole of jobs that are not viable- that the job search is pretty pitiful right now. I know it will turn around, or at least I will get motivated to get back in the saddle again- but at this current second I'm planning ways to become independently wealthy. Not a sure-fire plan, but the most positive one I've come up with. I have a whole week's worth of blogs to write about concerning wants and needs and fears and hopes and dreams and ... yea- when it comes to becoming a working mom. The ideal of somehow having the benefits of being a stay at home mom and having a rewarding career - well- it almost doesn't exist. Now that Hunter likes me- I hate to leave him for 8 hours a day. I do envy my sister, who I am convinced has it perfect. She works 2 days a week as a therapist- she works other hours from home during her daughter's nap and her husband has the baby for one of the days she works. So basically Lucy is in childcare with a Grammy-type lady for 1 day a week. Stay at home meets career. Of course Kelly would have figured it out.

OK- jason's home from his meeting. We're going to go watch an episode of arrested development on netflix instant - because it's fun. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment