Saturday, September 4, 2010

Support vs. Investment

My husband and I had a "discussion" on the way home from his parents house tonight (a nice two hour drive). It involved my defining the difference between support and investment. Let's just say I'm getting a little crazy about the job search and general life plans. I go through these phases (not the job search- that is very specific to now, but the life plans)... when I come up with the "now", "5 year plan" "10 year plan" and "fantasy never going to happen but wouldn't it be nice plan." My husband is only starting to catch on to my weird ways. With my "help" he will soon learn how to respond. But- I felt this particular distinction between support and investment was something worth mentioning to the general public.

My main frustration occured when a plan I had conversed with my husband about was for lack of better terms- kind of forgotten. It was not completely on purpose or ill-meaning, but it opened the door to this talk. I made the point that support is the general and easy affirmation in the moment of whatever it is that I am saying- that requires no real conversation or memory afterwards. Investment is asking questions, making plans, and remembering to mention them later- hopefully with excitement.

It's simple- but kind of a big deal.

Ok- I need to go to bed, but thought I'd send a little word out there before I get too delinquent in my blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment