Sunday, September 19, 2010

Starve

No, Jason and I are not starving with our new vegan diet- although we've barely begun. Instead- we (I should say Jason, since I'm outside blogging) are putting up decorations for the fall. Jason and I enjoy our seasonal decorations. Jason puts them up most of the time because it overwhelms me to think of all the stuff we have in our attic. Anyway- we purchase things on clearance if we really like them (so much for simplifying- which I really do want to do)- so each year there is usually one thing to add to the mix, and we kind of rediscover it as we unpack the boxes. This year's surprise was a collection of blocks in the autumn motif that spelled what we thought was "give thanks." We ran out of letters and then came up with an extra that didn't fit- so we had "--ve tha--s" then the superfluous R that really threw us off. I kept looking for more letters and when I looked up- Jason had arranged the letters to spell "starve"- which really really made us laugh. He had the "h" in his hand and I said- "Harvest!" Which made starve even funnier. Then we made it "stharve" for the lisp. Then at last we changed it to harvest- but entertained the idea of leaving it "starve."

It's good to have a belly, tears rolling laugh every now and then!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff and I are both cracking up right now, reading this! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your afternoon. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete