Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Early Mornings

Jason is nice. Hunter woke up at 530 this morning for no reason and spent the morning whining- most likely because he was up early and cranky. These are the days you wish you could reason with a child, "if you sleep in, you will be happier." Jason let me sleep until 8am because he knew I basically wouldn't be able to get up and deal with a cranky Hunter. Nice man. Hunter is currently in the crib enjoying some alone time. He is not asleep- but he seems perfectly content hanging out there. Who am I to disturb him? I'm drinking a cup of coffee- trying to wake up enough to handle more than 3 different noise sources. In the morning- even one person talking to me can be a little more than I can do.

One of the things I learned in the whole depression journey is that you really have to take care of yourself- which is actually sometimes more annoying and frustrating than it is helpful and empowering. Example- I'm a better person with a good amount of sleep and good food in my body. With any trial of depression- you are not only just a little grumpy when these elemental needs aren't met- you are downright horrific. So- it's a little obnoxious when something like sleep is out of your complete control or at least you try to do something fun (date night) and your child wakes up at 530am. Good food- well that's just a struggle because I have to do two things that don't come naturally or enjoyable: plan and shop. I have gotten better at all these things- but here's the rub- today I'm a little grumpy- because we have friends in town and I've been staying up late to have fun and eating a little less healthy. It's a little inconvenient.

and now Hunter has moved from content talking to intermittent whining talking today he has Mother's Day out- soooo... I'm passing the buck today. Poor kid. My hope is that he'll start feeling a little better and sleeping better. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment