Friday, May 7, 2010

Tired Mama

Today someone said happy Mother's Day (it was at Grandmother's place)- and it really rang genuine for me. He was a maintenance guy holding the elevator open for me and Hunter, (who was independently walking into the elevator as I pushed a vacant stroller in) and made sure Grandmother got in behind me. I think he loves his mama, and maybe his wife is a mama- because he seemed to get it. And he didn't mind that Hunter practically walked between his legs to get in the elevator.

Today made me a tired but happy woman. Jason and I have been going to counseling- more on the dealing with my depression front, and to make sure we stopped the cycle of me being awful and Jason feeling awful and then me feeling awful- before it became really bad. So I'd like to think we took a good marriage and refreshed it. That was made clear on days like today. Jason has been working on his paper that was due for class (he's working on his Doctor of Ministry), and stayed up til 345am doing it. I woke up with Hunter this morning at 7pm, knowing the kind of night Jason had- and I lasted for about 1 hour- then I just started feeling really bad- like nauseous and headache bad. I'm not pregnant- my body just finished proving to me that I am not pregnant. So, I woke Jason up and asked if he could watch Hunter just for a little bit so I could lay down and hopefully get this yuckiness to pass. He let me sleep 2 hours. My heart is overwhelmed right now with the kind of generosity that required of him- he had no sleep and still wasn't done with the paper. And- he was concerned for ME! I willed myself to feel better- took some advil, took a shower and headed off to Grandmother's house for lunch. I knew that Jason needed us to get out of the house so he could get his work done. This is success. We were on the same side of survival today. 6 months ago today would have looked drastically different.

Hooray for being on the same team! Hooray for amazing marriages! Have I mentioned I love my husband? Oh and Hunter was a good boy today. So good I let him have a cookie and a half at lunch- plus he said "peeaase." I don't care who you are - that's cute and he deserves a cookie.

2 comments: