Friday, May 28, 2010

I saved a worm

There was a worm crawling into my basement. I told it that although it felt nice and wet and moldy down here- it would not end well. So I tossed it into the grass and told it to take cover- 'cause I'm mowing tomorrow. : )

I have slipped into every other day of blogging- trying to get back on the bandwagon- but I don't feel I've failed. I'm still consistently blogging. Not sure if anyone reads (besides my sister and best friend) but still... it's really all about me. :)

I am going to write about... not worms tonight... how about we write about no- not black exterior basement walls... hmmm- looking around for inspiration. Let's go with Hunter tonight. He's cute. Remember the crying stage? Yea- we're still in it- but we're making progress. Tonight he cried for 20 minutes and fell asleep before I went in to rock him- before it was 30 minutes and at least two rocks. SO - I'm kind of excited. I half expect him to be normal tomorrow. I decided today that when things happen- like your child who got excited about going to sleep all of a sudden crying for an hour about it- you have to make shit up. What I mean is- the thing driving me most batty was not as much that Hunter was doing it- but that I had no idea WHY. (let's keep this in the present tense- he's still doing it and I'm still batty) So I decided that I simply needed to figure out a reason that seemed logical enough and come up with a solution that assumed that my made up reason was 100% correct. This basically buys you about 1 week of sanity until the child all of a sudden decides to do something different. You hope better, and you hope it happens within the week. Here's the kicker- you NEVER know if you were right or your solution helped. I'm voting now for myself that I will heretofore assume all my figurings and solutions are accurate and effective- which will make me an awesome Mom. The more I think I'm awesome- the more I might actually act awesome. Then like maybe Aristotle said (I can't get my philosophers straight) by practicing (faking it) awesomeness, I will soon find that I become truly awesome (making it).

Don't you agree? I feel a little more awesome already. I have figured out the problem and my solution is already working. : )

Ok- I'm going to go to bed because Mr. Awesome needs me to mow the lawn tomorrow before it rains. (and before you ladies out there start getting southern belle on me- Jason is allergic to every grass in existence and I'm pretty sure our jungle yard has a fair selection... and I get to mow by myself... nobody helps. This is a good thing. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment