Monday, May 10, 2010

Resting

I got the sinus crud that seems to be running around our house. Unfortunately, we gave it to all of our house guests last week (sorry Nancy, John and especially Becca!). I'm trying to be good and rest when I can so my body can get over this junk. We have Jessa's graduation and family vacation coming up soon and I want to be clear and sick-free for it!

Speaking of Jessa - a little shout out to my little sister. She is some kind of awesome. It's tough being the youngest - especially by 6 and 10 years. Kelly and I have always acted more like aunts or moms rather than sisters to her. Recently Jessa has been really intentional about calling us and checking in- sharing her life with us and letting us share our lives. It's been really nice to connect with her and develop this adult relationship with her. She really is a grown-up. As much as I've resisted that- I can honestly say it now. She's an adult some kind of awesome. She'll always be Jessa with her long pony tail swinging from side to side because that's just the way she walks- but now I don't worry about her. She's got her stuff together. Probably more so than I did at that age.

Jessa rocks- and I'm so proud of her graduating from Auburn University Summa Cum Laude! : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Jessa fan, too. And heads-up on the crud: apparently it's viral, so don't even bother going to the doctor. Rest up and drink fluids. I'm still trying to figure out how that works with a sick kid at home. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete