Monday, August 16, 2010

All By MYself, really love being...All BY MYSeeelf

Ok- so here I am. In my house. With no baby. I kind of love it. My hubby and son went to his parent's house for the week while I stay at home and continue my nanny gig during the day and takin care of BUSINESS during the night. By that I mean organizing the shit out of everything I see. Or throwing stuff away. That kind of business. I'm also privy to quite the social plans for the week. I can't go and be by myself for real people!

Here is the honest truth. I have not been by myself in .. at least two years. Seriously. Jason and I have gone away a couple of times for the weekend, Hunter and I have gone away a few times for a week or two. But this is my debut as the bachelorette in her pad- with no one. I don't know how to celebrate best: loud music, bathtime with no definite end, sleep in a little, watch Harry Potter, hang out with friends, go see a movie whenever I want... so fun. The problem is that this "week" is really 5 days with a job in it. I'm going to meet up at Jason's parents' this weekend, so really it's not that long of a freedom march. But I will take it and run with it. or walk, very slowly.

I feel bad about how good this feels. But- what are you going to do really- lie about it? No. I feel awesome. So awesome, that I wish it was longer. I wish I didn't have yoga tonight so I could enjoy my long night even more... ooh- maybe I'll skip yoga- I can do whatever I want! HA!

So my post needs to be more than this, yes, I need to wax eloquent about something.

like solitude.
like silence.
like rest.
like baths.
like not cooking dinner.
like not coaxing food.
like ...

hmmm. I'm in a purging mood. I see thingss I want to get rid of. Jason is a closet hoarder. He'll hoard as long as it fits in a closet. (hilarious- I know it- I am HIlarious) So- maybe this is my chance, take a truck load to goodwill so that when he gets back we live a simple life with half the shit and everything has a place and a half. Maybe not that much- but I do think I should take advantage of this mood- go fix myself a salad with waluts, turkey, goat cheese, feta cheese (can you have too much cheese?) and dried peppers and rock this house! Or throw away junk we don' need.

By the way- I saw something the other day that I think is a slap in the face: volunteer jobs listed under real job listings- like you scroll along the jobs advertised and you see a job that's unpaid. Really? Does anyone look for volunteers in the help wanted ads? I guess it's a way to sneak it in- but wow- these people need money. My current thought on that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment