Thursday, August 19, 2010

Harry Potter

How do I love thee. I just got done watching the latest movie (I borrowed it from a friend a while ago and was delighted to see that I had not returned it). Now I kind of want to watch another one. The only justification that I have is that I quite possibly might do laundry. I was supposed to during the last one but dinner and the plot got in the way. I really really really love Harry Potter. I mean- I'm not one to be obsessive- but this book series is like an awakening for literature. Seriously. I stand by this comment.

So- today I had Lily again and she was pretty good- she still needs a lot of help sleeping, but hey- that's what vibrating swings are for. I need to make sure I have battery back-up. : ) We went outside and organized my sun room a little bit. Nothing like some fresh air, plants and a broom to improve the mood. The day before yesterday I was kind of in a funk- actually- maybe it was yesterday- either way- it continued until today when my Husband and Harry helped snap me out of it. I'm not saying I won't slip back- but let's just say that a little Harry goes a long way. That and an encouraging phone call from my husband.

I'm trying to be good and pick up and organize more- but my steam is kind of out. I did our room. And it looks good. But that's basically it. I need to pick up a little bit before the cleaning people get here tomorrow (that's right- remember- my sanity?) but other than that I'm done.

Two thoughts: 1) I'm going to have to kiss my sanity goodbye (the cleaning people) because although many of you out there probably made the assumption that my husband and I as a pastor and nanny are rolling in the dough- strangely we aren't. And now that my Grandmother isn't nearby and I'm not getting paid to take care of her- I'm going to have to cut back.... a lot. Granted- we are not frivolous people. We do not have cable. I don't make it a habit to get my nails done or hair cut unless I'm at my parent's house or looking like rag doll. I cut Jason's hair. We own our cars- so no payments there. We don't pay rent because we live in the church-owned parsonage. Our main luxuries are eating out occasionally and movies or date night with the nice expense of babysitters. In a moment of insanity (or sanity depending on how you look at it) I told Jason that we would have to never go out to eat or the movies, and stop eating meat every meal. How I came up with the meat part I'm not sure. But yea- in comes sensible Jason calming me down and encouraging me. Here's the kicker- I can probably give up most of our "luxuries" - but I am super duper bummed about the cleaning. This to me is my therapy bill. I did not inherit the same clean-gene that my older sister got, nor the energy level that my little sister got. And I married a.... well.... moderate slob. He's not bad- but he's no neat freak either.

So yea. I'm going to go watch some more Harry Potter. Drown all my worries in Potter. Who's with me?

I just realized I was supposed to have a second thought. Um. The economy sucks and Northern Virginia is freakin expensive. Ok- that's 3 total thoughts for you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment