Thursday, August 12, 2010

Borrowed Time

Both babies are asleep- mine and the borrowed one (the one I nanny) and it's such a miracle that I hate to even utter the words because as soon as I say- whew- one will wake up.

So I'm writing this blog on borrowed time... which it seems is what every mother does with her time once they have more than one child- or a needy 1st one. Either way- it's kind of a crappy way to view it- but there it is- I'm stealing time. That feels more rebellious. :)

I don't know what to write about- the time is so precious, the clock is audibly ticking. I did talk to my good friend Nancy- which was nice- we both had to steal time for it- but it'd been a while since we talked and was totally worth the punishment- although Becca definitely was the harsher judge- Nancy's daughter Becca screamed for the last 2 minutes of the car ride home before she abruptly stopped- leading Nancy to believe she must have stabbed herself. But no- she just decided she was over it. Or maybe she recognized the street home.

Ah- Hunter is awake. Nice 2 hour nap though! Lily is swinging in the chair- which put her back to sleep 3 times- but she really needed a good nap. So she's sleeping a little over an hour now- which is huge. It beats today's previous record of a 20 minute nap and last time's 45 minutes. It feels like cheating- but I think when you have an almost 2 year old and you're nannying for a 2.5 month old- you're allowed to cheat. So cheat I will with the vibrating swing. : )

OK- I'm going to stop stealing time. Maybe I'll write later tonight- but most likely not. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment