Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grandmother's Birthday

Today my Grandmother is 88 yrs old! I called to wish her happy birthday and that was just about all she could hear- but she did hear that. Wow- 88. I'm impressed with her. All that transition seems to be going well. Grandmother seems to be happy, she's spending lots of time with my parents and she getting adjusted to her new place. I talked to a couple of her friends and they mentioned that she seemed a little confused- but mainly because she had no concept of distance and was eager for Norah and Audry to come see her new apartment. This did not worry me because she hasn't understood distance for a while. She was never that surprised when family came to visit- in fact I think she always wondered why they didn't pop in more often. So- if that's the most of our worries- then I am happy. Happy Birthday, Grandmother!

So- in other news... the ants are dead. Courtesy of Jason and by way of Jeremy's ant spray. Dead, dead, dead. I am supremely excited about that.

OK...and we're going to dinner tonight at a couple's house. This couple is from church snd their daughter is our go-to for babysitting, except she goes to college in the fall and gets a camp job in the summer. But when Grandmother was in the hospital and rehab- Kelly was with Hunter all day every day and she still loves him. We love her. So I'm excited about dinner just because it's a night out with people I like. You know the feeling. : ) I even spritzed a little perfume.

And... what else. I just saw an ant. An ant had the balls to show up. I just killed it with an entire paper towel. Seems like overkill, but he's dead.

So- another note and I will close... I wrote out a note for the babysitter and realized that all of us mothers do this. We write a note and then we tell the babysitter everything that we put on the note. It's kinda ridiculous- but it's unavoidable. OK- bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment