Monday, August 2, 2010

Home, for real

I'm home. And solidly so this time. No big trip in the near future. No exotic plans, no parties, nothing. And I'm kind of ok with that. Even right now I feel a little peace. Hunter is napping and the house is quiet. Our Grandfather's clock that Grandmother gave me is chiming the hour and things are busy outside. But in here, quietness save the soothing clock chimes.

Our guests of the month left today- they were wonderful guests- I'm sure they're ready to be home. We'll miss their fabulous tendency to do all the dishes for us. I will admit though- I'm excited about not having to worry about walking down the hall naked. : )

Sister weekend was nice and therapeutic. Lots of bonding and eating. I'm going to have to skip a week's worth of meals to make up for the eating we did. I won't- but it would be nice if that worked. It was funny for me, because I would have been content if we stayed huddled on the bed all weekend, talking, laughing, analyzing, giggling, and drinking wine. We kind of did that all weekend- with a few trips out to eat and shop. I think Kelly and Jessa needed to get out of the hotel room- and I probably did too- but I didn't need to get out that badly. :) It is fun to be three sisters- each very different and yet with so man similarities. The best part of this trip was that we were more connected, on the same plane. Jessa is an adult, and of course she is- but this might have been the first sister gathering where she felt like one.

I need to take the truck for a oil change, clean up the house a bit, organize the finances (I haven't really looked at everything since before the Florida trip) and figure out the little projects Jason and I want to work on over the next couple of months. I need to get the baby stuff out, fill my calendar with new dates and put Hunter's birthday party on the calendar. I need to read my sister's loaned 1-2-3 magic book so I can get Hunter's but in gear. I need to plan out when to go to the make-up yoga sessions.

But right now- Hunter is fussing. He didn't take a very long nap- so I'm not quite sure what woke him up... and he is crying- which means he didn't get the kind of sleep he needed. Life with a toddler is no walk in the park. ok- gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment