Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sister Weekend

So, I am in Auburn for sister weekend. We are covering all topics from hairy legs to spouses and babies. We are having a fabulous time and I am dreading reality. Auburn is this little hub of a hiatus. It houses the church that I discovered my voice in, the classes that I dreamt my dreams in, and the places of friendship that formed me into an adult. It seems appropriate that I should be here with my sisters in this time of my life when I am transitioning yet again to a new phase in my life.

Florida and Grandmother seems like decades ago, my house and my husband and my child seem distant and strange as I reminisce in the Auburn context. My sisters have been with me through all the transitions- maybe not as close and as intentional as now- but present. So it does feel like a little island in the middle of a journey. I stopped over to take a break. It isn't productive like I thought it would be, but it is meaningful and a rest.

Jessa and Kelly helped me celebrate my birthday early with a cupcake shaped cake, wine, presents and all! SO nice. It made me feel worse about not doing anything for Jason for his birthday. I need to do something- man I suck.

Tonight we're going to the chocolate bar in the hotel- that should be fun.

Yea- I just don't know what to do with myself. I think I'm at one of those places in life where time and opportunity and my own action are just going to have to get slapped together at the same time. And then I'll have to run with it- and just keep running or I'll give up, let go, fear the risk and fear the failure. I have actually an idea of what to do- but it will take a while to make it work. I don't know if I have the guts to do it.

It has something to do with an assessment/training/approval/certificate for assisted living places to make them better. More on that later and why this non-entrepreneur is scared shitless about taking on an endeavor like this. We shall see.

Ok- time to rejoin my sisters. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment