Saturday, June 19, 2010

The case of the missing Pregnancy Test

So- this is random- but I once again am finding myself late at night, tired and needing to go to bed. Busy but fun day.

So I'm going to write briefly on the missing pee stick. A couple of months ago I was in the good ol' CVS getting my Grandmother her Aricept and I walked down the pregnancy aisle to get to the pharmacy in the back. There were the tests- and I thought- well it'll be that time soon, I should buy a test now so I don't have to run out and buy it when I think I'm pregnant- rather- it would be nice just to have it on hand. So I purchased it.

It went in my bathroom on the little shelf where it sat and reminded me to have sex.

The other day I noticed it was no longer there. I was looking for my vitamins, which Jason moved to the shelf where the pregnancy test was- and I thought- that's weird- the test is gone.

I have looked everywhere for it- not because it is impossible to replace, but because I really can't figure this mystery out. In my opinion- there are only 3 options: 1) I'm crazy and moved it to some undisclosed location and forgot about it; 2) One of the teenager babysitters felt the need to borrow it; or 3) Hunter threw the whole box in the trash without me noticing. None of these options are comforting or make sense. All of the teen babysitters are smart and capable of purchasing their own tests if they so needed, Hunter is usually not that clever with his relocation of items and I surely can't be so far gone that I imagined something in one location for weeks when it is somewhere else.

I'll let you know if I ever find it. I guess I'll have to buy another one- which annoys me- because I am one of few women who trust the pregancy test the first time around- if it is positive. Both my sister and sister in law must have taken a dozen tests between them when they got a positive reading- just to make sure it was right. I learned this was actually pretty normal- a lot of friends and random people have mentioned that they did the same. With Hunter I took one test- looked at it and told Jason I was pregnant and made an appointment with an OB/Gyn. I am also for some cocky reason certain I will get pregnant right away- not because I think I am oh so fertile- but more because I am positive that I ca't survive another "normal" period. We'll see.

ok- so all you sleuths- solve this mystery- was it me, the kid, the teenager, or the housecleaners (one who is so precious and I couldn't picture stealing a penny, and the other who is done having babies- and also nice)?

3 comments:

  1. Hey - I made your blog! Yay!! I feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise that I only take one pregnancy test and trust it! Ask Jeff! It's weirdly unlike me...or maybe it's exactly like me (don't know). But - with both Lucy and this one ....only one test. I trust. It's funny, though - now that I'm very pregnant (I know you can't be a little pregnant)...but further along...I kind of want to take the other test I have from the box of two just to get the satisfaction of seeing that beautiful two lines appear (I think I'm remembering right that it's two lines). It's bad when my comments on your blog become my own posts...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My theory: Jason took the test. Out of curiosity, of course ;)

    I always believe the first test....unless it's a test from the dollar store (yes, they sell them) that unexpectedly comes up positive. Then, I buy the $15 test to confirm my pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete