Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Productive Again

It's all about the nap. Hunter sleeps- I get stuff done. I'm feeling much better today- running slower than usual, but faster than yesterday is a step in the right direction! I'm sorting through Grandmother things today- calling her doctors, calling an appraiser, calling the moving company, calling the .... I don't know who I'm calling- but we're getting places. I'm not-so-secretly super pumped about the appraiser. I am a geek about antiques and values. I love antique roadshow when they find out the values of things found in their homes. I know Grandmother has several items that are valuable- some more sentimental or by the story of where they came from- but valuable nonetheless. I can't wait to see her things through the eyes of an expert. Totally geeking out on this. Friday at 10am- here we come!

Meanwhile, I'm trying to do good things one step at a time. I have this "almost there" feeling about everything in my life. I'm almost organized, almost fit, almost pregnant, almost done. I know there isn't a true "done" when it comes to living life- but there are things that I have been working towards that are closer than they've ever been. These things are exciting and the closeness is either encouraging or defeating depending on the day and my mood. Obviously yesterday was a defeated day- but luckily today we're moving forward.

This is the kind of day where I have to resist the temptation to spend an hour making a new list and instead I must do the things on my old list, cross them out (what's the point of doing something if you can't cross it out?), and then....then I get to make THE list. You know the list. The mother list. The one that outlines every living thing in your head that creeps out at about 11:03pm when you are trying to go to sleep. Things like- move the files we use frequently upstairs for easy access, paint toy chest blue, mail fabric to persistent sister, put pictures from camera into computer and then post them on the blog for same persistent sister. Those kind of things.

So. I have to go. And do. And call. And list. Oh the mother list is calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment