Saturday, June 12, 2010

TAKE A NAP!

it is unbelievable how much my day is affected by whether Hunter naps or not. I feel like if he knew he would at least fake it for me. When he is literally resting his head on the side of the crib- it's kinda hard for me not to want to scream upstairs TAKE A NAP! Like- seriously? I have patience for most things- really don't lose my cool much- except when he does these numbers. It's just short of maddening to me.

I need to get my cool on though, turn the monitor volume down and stop obsessing about why he's not taking a nap or whether he may have pooped or not or if I should have just sat in the car with the ac on and let him sleep through lunch, in 90 degree weather. hard to do...

Today I went to the fabric store and got fun things that I'm not going to have time to do bc Hunter is not napping. hmm- not helping... um- Jason is doing a wedding today which is fun for him ... but I can't do anything.... ok- I guess I'm just going to have to embrace this sour mood and plow through it.

I am grumpy because right now i feel like my child is absolutely positively the most ridiculous person for being so freaking tired but whining his head off because for some reason it seems like a nap is the dumbest idea to him... in the meantime I'm in limbo land and can't do jacksquat because I have this weird idea that if i make a peep or actually do something than somehow i've jinxed my chances of him sleeping and so i just sit and be anxious. then i go get him and although he has physically been out of my sight he has been mentally with me the whole time and so i never really get a break and i end up resenting him- which doesnt couple well with his exhuastion and crankiness that result from a non-nap.

That didn't help as much as it should. but oh well- i should go pick up cranky pants now and let him be fussy until 8 when he goes to bed. super duper excited.

good lord my blog is like a roller coaster! I'm just annoyed right now. I'll get over this- and overall other than the missed nap- today is a good day.

ok. perspective.

wait... is it possible? don't hold your breath- but after nearly an hour of on and off fussing, standing, sitting, leaning- he is laying down and not recently crying. Just kidding- laying down and whining. i pay for every victory.

I'm done blogging about this. sorry to all for the frustrating roller coaster!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post - i do the same thing... should I leave the kids in the car in the garage and let them sleep or get them out and feed them lunch and hope they go to bed afterwards with a better chance of a deeper (longer) nap? or have I ruined their chances of any more nap at all since they slept for 10 min in the car...

    AAAHHHH the questions moms must face everyday!

    ReplyDelete