Sunday, June 20, 2010

Intro-verted

I just got proof today that I am indeed an introvert. Jason's folks were here this weekend and it was nice becaue we hadn't seen them in a while or gotten to give them good Hunter time- so it was nice to hang. Jason preached all 4 services today- so yesterday I thought we should do something fun to sort of celebrate Father's Day. We went to the mall and let Hunter play in this kid's area and ate ice cream. That is maybe the normal perspective of what we did. My perspective: we went to kiddie hell where there were hundreds of children screaming and running and jumping and skipping across, barely missing each other as they ran full speed... and then we escaped to the opposite end of the food court to eat ice cream in still deafening noise.

It was like my crank-o-meter got turned way up and my patience well ran dry and my noise tolerance credit card was maxed out. Un-be-lievable. I h a t e the mall. Always did. Always will. The mall plus screaming children- not fun. The mall plus a gazillion people and screaming childre: hell. SO I endured hell for my husband. He and his parents are not introverts or quite so sensitive to excessive sensory input. They had a blast- and when they were chatting after our ice cream break about what to do next- IN the mall- I did some crazy math that made it imperative for us to go home to cook dinner in the next 30 minutes.

The mall is like acid on my brain. I hate it that much. I really can't go too much into it except to say it is like the opposite of all the things I hope for. It is a sorority and fraternity of people trying to be cool by means of consumerism and cunning use of walking cooly in crowds and talking loudly. It's he worse parts of us as humans coming out. Other than that the mall can be fun.

I took a nap today and am still exhausted- I just can't handle that many people.

Ok- one more thing: why don't preachers preach on the fiery furnace with shadrach meshack and abednego ever? I read that stoyry with my 5th graders this morning- and it is a kick-ass story. Just fyi.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment