Thursday, June 3, 2010

still exhausted

So- I think it must be getting close to "that time of the month" for me- because I'm a little snarky and tiiiiired. Right now there are several things I should do/could do. Anddd I don't want to do any of it. The only thing stopping me from crawling into bed is the fact that it's 8:30pm and the sheets aren't on the bed. I should work on my Sunday School lesson. I should do laundry. I should write a longer blog. I should go through Grandmother stuff. I should email about Grandmother updates to my Dad and uncle. But nope. I just want to lie in bed. The problem is that if I actually got the sheets on, got ready for bed, etc... I would probably lie awake thinking. So instead I will probably do something stupid like surf around on the internet for ceiling fans to go in the sunroom, better lighting for the basement, and a fan for the guest bedroom downstairs... oh wait- I already did that. Hmmm, then I will most likely wallow in facebook boredom until Jason comes home from his meeting and asks me why I'm crazy.

Maybe witnessing childbirth is rocking my brain and body. I got to hold her today by the way. Amanda and Jeremy's baby Lily- she's 6 lbs, 7 oz and precious. Tiny. I really thought she would float out of my arms she's so light compared to lugging my precious 35 lb (give or take) bowling ball of a child. I'm praying for Amanda as she navigates the first 6 months of mom-hood. No one can prepare you for the steeeeep learning curve, the crazy-ass emotions and the vapor of fuzzy in and around your head until that first week of some-what normal sleep. It's awesome and sucky all at the same time. And weirdly- I kinda can't wait to do it again. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment