Monday, June 7, 2010

Nap-time post

Ladies and gentlemen (or me and my sisters and few good friends that read this)- I am posting early. I decided NOT to get things done during Hunter's nap (like laundry, dishes, phone call making, etc) at least not until I posted on my blog. Not sure why- just sheer selfish choice.

Today I have been feeling pretty good emotionally- bouncing back from my PMS and working through my "WTH is this period." (funny random story- my sister and I were driving home from college three decades ago and saw a license plate that read WTH 911- or at least that's what I remember- and we decided it was a quote "what the hell! 911!" and thought it was really really really funny... that's what 8 straight hours of interstate will do for you... it also makes wipers funny).

Hunter is taking his nap now...sooo nice. Meanwhile, I've been pretty useful lately- I assisted in childbirth, advised in mothering, taught 5th grade Sunday School, helped two sisters through two separate dramas (one was immersed in other people's drama, the other had drama in her own life), went to see a niece for her birthday party, the list goes on and on.. I also helped my husband get up this morning. We physically got out of bed to exercise around 630am (the goal was 6) and we did it! I cheered him on as I did the exercise bike (he did wii-fit and eActive). Way to go me. Way to go Jason! Our goal is to exercise at least 5 days a week. That's my goal. And to stop feeling like a fat-ass.

In other news- today is Bruno's 4th birthday. Poor mutt- we never did anything for his birthday. I always just randomly remembered and was sure to give him extra treats. He is happily chewing on his bone- and I did say happy birthday, but he was more concerned with the fact that I stopped petting him when I said it. SO- I think I'm going to give him his heartworm prevention medicine today- then I'll remember when I did it, and they are kind of like treats to him.

Another useful thing I did today- I let my ancient computer update everything it keeps asking me to update. I can already tell she's happier. I guess it's like getting a hip replaced- hurts to do it, but it's got to get done. I took 30 precious minutes of Hunter nap time to do this- so let's just say Merry Christmas to Computer.

I would like to get other things done today- but after reading all the things I have accomplished- I feel that I have filled my quota and anything after this will be just good will.

Ok- so this possibly is the most random post I have ever posted.

1 comment:

  1. random, yes - great, yes. love the flashback to "WTH" :) and the wipers. O.k. - just saw that you have two updated pics on your blog. SO - you are ABLE to put pictures up and there have YET to be pictures of Lucy. Put this on your to-do list tomorrow. AND send me that scrap of fabric. How's that for a "comment." ? ;)

    ReplyDelete