Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 minute nap

Hunter is playing in his crib. The reason he is not napping: he slept a grand total of 10 minutes in the car. So naturally, it is preposterous to assume he would need futher sleep. I'm not sure why he remembers that he napped or feels he doesn't need additional sleep- but it's fine with me to leave him playing in his crib.

We're still in Florida. Jason is home with the dog and houseguests. My soul is floating somewhere above the gulf coast and wondering what to do with life. I feel like such a tool, because ultimately my thoughts keep resting back on "what am I going to do?" I'm presently concerned with others, but eternally concerned with myself it seems. Whatever- at least I own it. I keep thinking a week-long vacation to the beach would be nice- by myself. I feel bad for thinking that. I really do. But think it I do.

Tonight Jessa and I have a date to the movies- we're going to see the Sorceror's Apprentice - from what I hear it is fabulously mindless entertainment. Just what we need. Well, maybe not what we need so much as what we want. And sometimes what you want can be a little of what you need.

Usually being in Florida fills me with a sense of peace or prickles of joy, seeing water makes me happy... it seems this time the spell is broken. Sad.

The doctor called back to schedule Grandmother's appointment... September 16th. That's the earliest. Seriously. So now I need to call her old doctor and get her more Aricept sent down here so she can last. Good thing she doesn't take something more serious! How elderly people exist without family is beyond me.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....I can read it! So much better. Apparently you are not only concerned for yourself if you adjusted your blog for my old, tired eyes. I think you should not take a vacation by yourself; I think you should take one with me. We could ignore each other all day and then find scrumptious food to share for dinner when we finally want company. Maybe I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up, too.

    ReplyDelete