Monday, July 12, 2010

What would be good news?

This is the question that was posed by our new pastor during the prayer time of our worship service last night. He asked it in a way that turned into a sort of "prayers of the people" time. It was a great thought provoking question, and so wzs Jason's sermon... Here is what I had in mind, although I didn't brave the crowd and speak it out loud: Good news would be that my Grandmother feels safe and not alone in her new home. We have yet to find out whether this good news is possible, but I am hopeful and fearful all at the same time.

We have been packing/pitching/sorting/ etc this weekend- which is why I haven't written. I am beyond exhausted. We just arrived a few hours ago here to Florida. We're here at my parents house until they arrive, until the things arrive, until the apartment is ready. Then Grandmother moves into her new home.

Grandmother dosed off a little bit ago (she's dosing again) and the old demon of confusion reared its ugly head again- it's fascinating how recognizable it is. The same puzzled look, the same blank feel- as if someone ran into my Grandmother's brain and hit delete on the last 6 months- in one swift move. I sat down and explained to Grandmother what was happening, where she was and where she was going. Understanding started to creep back- but the confusion monster left another scar. It made me remember, realize that we are not even close to being done with this transition. The work has only begun.

So keep praying. Pray for me. Pray for my parents. Pray most of all for my Grandmother- that she gets good news: she is safe and not alone, she is home and not confused. I'll try to get back on track with the blog now.

No comments:

Post a Comment