Saturday, July 17, 2010

Long Haul

I'm in the bath tub, drinking rum and coke and working offline because my computer can't reach the unsecured wireless we've been tapping into on this side of the house. I feel sort of like this is my little hiatus. I'm getting a little grumpy and it was time for me to step away. I'm deciding that I should probably stay here for a little bit longer because Grandmother's things won't arrive until wed/thurs which means her apt won't be ready until at least fri/sat- and we're supposed to go home on Saturday. I feel like I would be leaving Mom and Dad in a chaotic moment if I left then. So I'll probably stay. This is a good idea. But I'm feeling homesick already- not that I know what I'm going to do with myself when I get home... I'm feeling sort of like I'm trying to please everyone- and instead of feeling like I'm pleasing no one or not succeeding, I'm feeling like it's really not affecting anyone but me. It would only affect them if I stopped, and sometimes that's all I want to do. Like this little hiatus to the bath tub. I'm feeling guilty by sitting here doing just this. tight gut guilty. But I might start getting bitchy if I don't take the break.

I'm not even sure exactly what is so difficult about all this or what is causing me to continue to feel on edge, but it is- and even the bath tub and rum isn't making it go away. Yeah, that's about all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment