Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here We Go!

Something I forgot to mention yesterday, Jessa, Grandmother, Hunter and I flew on a plane from DC to Florida. This was quite an accomplishment, but my favorite part (besides having the entire row to ourselves) was when the plane lifted off- I turned and said to Hunter "Here we go!" then I turned to look at Jessa across the aisle only to witness her turning to Grandmother and saying in the exact same sing-song way, "here we go!" It's no question we are sisters. And work as a team we must- she has been awesome fixing dinner, cleaning dishes, entertaining Hunter or Grandmother- etc. Whatever duty calls, Jessa is on it.

This morning Grandmother woke up at 530am when I unfortunately found myself awake and having to go to the bathroom (I think I was nervous about being responsible for Hunter and Grandmother or something)- and Grandmother was confused and scared- not sure what was going on. I had a raging headache and basically told everyone to go to bed- surely it would be better in a couple hours. And it was. Surprisingly. Grandmother woke up, got ready and came out smiling and ready to start the day. Whew.

Jessa had a doctor's appt and I had a headache- so my super duper Grandmother at nearly 88- got down on the floor and played with my nearly 2 year old son and entertained him while I dozed off on the couch. Miracles.

One last thing to share about Grandmother moments: last night Hunter wanted "Gigi" to read him Goodnight Moon. Precious. She read through it- pointing out pictures in the book, adding her own flair and Hunter was participating the whole time. It was kind of amazing- and exactly how life with the elderly should be- everyone in the same place, hanging out and participating in life together.

SO- my stomach is still in knots and my sleep is still interrupted and my soul is still restless. I'm not relaxed yet- not by a long shot. I'm getting there though- I will get there. I don't think I've ever had this much trouble sleeping though- it is very unlike me. Kind of not helpful. Oh well. Things are good and slowly my body will unwind itself from this increasingly taut spinning wheel.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you tons and can't wait to help you untangle your web of thread when you return to DC. Oh the conversations we will have!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete