Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wide Readership and Stomach Problems

So apparently I have a wide readership. And by wide I mean more than 3. Apparently my aunt and sister's father-in-law occassionally read. It's scary and exciting at the same time. The kind of "ooh- have I said anything I didn't need to say" scary. But my promise to myself was that I would be vulnerable- open- honest. There are some things that are easier if not the whole world knows it about you- but these are also the things that make me the most passionate, the things I want to write about. These are the things that I feel indeed write light in dark corners. I will be careful not to invade my family's privacy- but I will invade my own so that the dark corners in other worlds can be illumined maybe by a simple recognition that someone else feels the same. Someone else has been in the pit, someone else has yelled in anger, someone else has been overwhelmed with joy, someone else doesn't know the answers, someone else gets anxious, someone else cares about her family too much, someone else feels very strongly about something. So- there's my purpose in writing and my risk in writing.

Stomach problems. I hate flying. I'm worried about leaving my parents now and my Grandmother. So- I got some stomach churning issues. Oh well.

So- pray for peace. Pray that the demon called confusion leaves my Grandmother well alone. Pray that I sleep soundly in my own bed tonight with the soothing arms of my husband around me. Pray that my parents get a chance to rest and gather themselves together into a cocoon of peace. They'll need the respite- the next few weeks will be challenging. Pray for the courage to be vulnerable.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, it's Linda that's reading your blog and not Lee. Hope you slept well last night and we will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete